Plant-Based Blueberry Banana Nice Cream
This Plant-Based Blueberry Banana Nice Cream is the perfect healthy summer treat! It is creamy and smooth and so easy to make. You only need 3 vitamin and antioxidant-packed ingredients! You can also combine this nice cream with plant-based lemon cookies to make Lemon Blueberry Nice Cream Sandwiches!
I am always looking for easy healthy plant-based dessert recipes. After dinner I love to have something sweet, but without all the added sugar. This Plant-Based Blueberry Banana Nice Cream is dairy-free and sugar-free and all you need is bananas, blueberries, and a splash of almond milk. Oh and a good blender!
On Sunday nights I love to have my “cheat meal” for the week. This is usually a somewhat healthy and still plant-based meal with some added carbs. I don’t completely avoid carbs by any means, but I watch them during the week. Anyway, this dessert goes perfect following my Sunday dinner and it still doesn’t ruin my diet or give me the sugar hangover.
The night I made this nice cream I also made these Plant-Based Lemon Cookies and made nice cream sandwiches! They were a little tricky, I’m not gonna lie, but once I got the hang of it they were the bomb! I will leave instructions for that at the bottom of this post.
This Plant-Based Blueberry Banana Nice Cream is so versatile. It’s great right out of the blender, paired with your favorite plant-based cake, or topped with your favorite toppings.
Lemon Blueberry Banana Nice Cream Sandwiches
My Favorite Toppings
- Vegan Chocolate Chips (obviously)
- Plant-Based Granola
- Fresh Fruit
- Shredded Coconut
- Chia Seeds
- Your Favorite Nuts
Some Other Plant-Based Recipes to Try
Healthy Vegan Protein Bites
No-Bake Brownie Bites
Plant-Based Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Frozen Bananas (peel, chop, and freeze bananas several hours before. I always freeze any bananas we have when they begin to over-ripen)
- 2 Cups of Frozen Blueberries (I buy these already frozen from Aldi)
- 2-4 Tbs of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- Add frozen banana and frozen blueberries to a food processor or blender. (I love my Ninja)
- Blend until smooth, scraping down sides when needed. If it’s not blending well you can add almond milk 1 tbs at a time until the nice cream is a smooth and creamy consistency.
- You can enjoy right away or freeze to enjoy later!
- Top with your favorite toppings!
To Make Lemon Blueberry Banana Nice Cream Sandwiches
- Make my Plant-Based Lemon Cookies ahead of time and let cool completely. Put them in the freezer for 20 minutes before assembling sandwiches.
- Make Blueberry Banana Nice Cream after cookies are ready to come out of the freezer
- Put one scoop of the nice cream in between 2 cookies and gently press down. Put sandwiches in the freezer immediately. Freeze for at least 1 hour before enjoying.
- These will last several days in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy, let them sit for about 10 minutes to soften the cookie. Enjoy!
- If all else fails throw 2 scoops of the nice cream over top of the cookies and enjoy!!
Blueberry Banana Nice Cream
- Blender or Food Processor
- 2 Frozen Bananas peel, chop, and freeze bananas at least an hour prior
- 2 Cups Frozen Blueberries You can buy these pre-frozen at the store or freeze fresh blueberries
- 2-4 Tbsp Almond Milk or Milk of Choice
- Add blueberries and banana in food processor or blender
- Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed
- If it is too thick you can add almond milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency
- Enjoy right away or freeze to enjoy later.
- Check out my instructions above to make Lemon Blueberry Banana Nice Cream Sandwiches